Nvidia CEO Hopes to Sell Blackwell Chips in China but Says Decision Rests with Trump

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang said on Friday that he hopes the company’s latest Blackwell AI chips can eventually be sold in China, but acknowledged that the decision ultimately depends on U.S. President Donald Trump. Speaking during his first official visit to South Korea in over a decade, Huang expressed optimism following recent talks between Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping but said he was not briefed on their discussion details.

Trump told reporters after the meeting that semiconductors were discussed and that China “will be talking to Nvidia and others about taking chips,” but clarified, “We’re not talking about the Blackwell.”

Huang emphasized that restoring Nvidia’s presence in China would benefit both nations. “We’re always hoping to return to China. It’s in the best interest of the United States and of China,” he said.

Tensions over China’s access to Nvidia’s high-end chips remain a major flashpoint in U.S.-China relations. Washington has placed export restrictions on Nvidia’s most advanced AI processors to curb Beijing’s technological and military advancements. Huang has previously urged the Trump administration to relax those restrictions, arguing that Chinese reliance on U.S. hardware strengthens America’s influence.

Nvidia is developing a new chip for the Chinese market based on its Blackwell architecture that will comply with U.S. regulations but remain more capable than current export-approved models. However, Beijing has cooled toward Nvidia’s offerings, instead backing domestic alternatives like Huawei, which has recently announced plans to compete head-to-head with Nvidia in AI hardware.

Polestar Faces Nasdaq Delisting Warning as Stock Slumps Below $1

Swedish electric vehicle manufacturer Polestar has received a warning from Nasdaq after its shares fell below the exchange’s required minimum bid price of $1. The notice puts the EV maker at risk of delisting from the U.S. stock exchange unless it can lift its share price within the next six months.

Polestar’s U.S.-listed stock closed at 84 cents on Friday, marking a 20% decline in 2025 after losing more than half its value last year. The company now has until April 29, 2026, to regain compliance by maintaining a closing price of at least $1 for ten consecutive trading days, Nasdaq said. If it fails to meet the requirement, Polestar may be granted an additional 180-day extension.

The company attributed its struggles to mounting competition in the global EV market, where giants like Tesla and China’s BYD continue to dominate. Polestar has introduced discounts and leasing incentives in an effort to boost sales, particularly in Europe, where demand remains relatively strong.

This is the second time Polestar has faced non-compliance with Nasdaq’s listing standards, having previously received a warning last year for delays in filing its annual financial report with U.S. regulators.

Netflix Reportedly Exploring Bid for Warner Bros Discovery’s Studio and Streaming Assets

Netflix is reportedly considering a major acquisition that could reshape the entertainment landscape, as the streaming giant explores a bid for Warner Bros Discovery’s studio and streaming business. According to multiple sources, Netflix has hired investment bank Moelis & Co — the same firm that advised Skydance Media in its successful Paramount Global takeover — to evaluate a potential offer.

The move comes after Warner Bros Discovery opened its financial data room to prospective bidders, giving Netflix access to detailed financial records. While both Warner Bros Discovery and Moelis declined to comment, sources say Netflix is actively assessing whether acquiring the studio arm would enhance its content portfolio.

If successful, the acquisition would give Netflix control over iconic franchises like Harry Potter and DC Comics, as well as Warner Bros’ prolific TV studio, which already produces several Netflix hits including You and Maid. The addition of HBO and its premium dramas could further strengthen Netflix’s global dominance in streaming.

Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos has previously stated that while the company typically focuses on building rather than buying, it remains open to acquisitions that expand its entertainment offerings. However, Sarandos clarified that Netflix has no interest in Warner Bros Discovery’s legacy cable networks such as CNN, TNT, or Food Network.

Warner Bros Discovery’s board is currently weighing several unsolicited offers, including one from Paramount Skydance, and is considering whether to proceed with a company split or a full sale.